Friday, September 26, 2008

Prayer

Yes, I am thankful for prayer. And up until recently I couldn't honestly say that I have been truely grateful for prayer. I'm sure I have been, I just didn't recognize the power it had in my life until recently.
If you read my other blog you know by now that my family and I took a trip to Disneyland last week. We had a GREAT time. The week proceeding our departure was one of the worst I have experienced. A trip to Disneyland for 7 people doesn't come cheap. I didn't count Grace since she didn't cost anything. The ENTIRE week before we left Isabel, Annika and Beckham were sick. They all complained of a stomach ache, sore throat accompanied by a fever. I became sick with worry. I was on my knees morning and night praying for them to get better before we left. I realize that this might be a very selfish prayer. But it was so important to me. And my prayer was answered. Not one of my kids were sick the entire time.
I guess I always knew that my prayers were answered. But it makes a world of difference when you see them come to fruition.
This is not the only prayer of mine that has been answered recently. There are others that continue to strengthen my testimony of the power of prayer which continues to strengthen my faith.

1 comment:

Denise said...

This is so vital to our well being, and yet we don't even begin to realize how important until we follow in faith and can finally look back on prayers fulfilled and recognize that the Lord loves us, deeply and whole heartedly.

So glad for you!