Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday Pavlova

This is what stiff peaks look like!
Pretty cool!!


The whipped eggwhites spread out on my pan.
It's really easy!

After baking in the oven.
You must cool the pavlova in the oven like the recipe says.
Or else you'll end up with huge cracks!!


The end result!
Beautiful and Delicious!


For my Birthday I wanted to do something that was light and somewhat healthy. I'm trying so hard to reach my weight loss goal that I wouldn't even let my birthday get in the way of my success. I decided to go with Pavlova. It's basically a huge mirange. Instead of using heavy whipping cream I used light coolwhip and kicked it up a few notched by adding orange zest!! Yum!! In addition to the strawberries there is a layer of toasted coconut underneath. I love coconut and had to treat myself to it. I got the recipe from Food Network.