Monday, February 15, 2010

What to do with that Jicama!


As I was thinking about what to make with my jicama, the idea of a fruit coleslaw popped into that nogin of mine. I really liked how it turned out. My kids didn't like addition of the craisans or pecans. But I thought they were lovely additions.

Jicama Fruit Coleslaw

1/2 Jicama, peeled and julienned(cut into small french fry sticks)
1 apple peeled and julienned
1 pear peeled and julienned
1/4 cup craisans
1/4 cup pecans
1 small container of low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
zest of 1/2 orange
juice of half orange

1. Toss the fruit together in a medium bowl.
2. In a small bowl mix together the yogurt through orange juice
3. Toss the yogurt mixture into the fruit.
4. Add the craisans and pecans just before serving.

This is delicious and a great way to use that jicama!!!

No comments: