Thursday, February 25, 2010

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

I had another request today to put this on my blog. So here it is. It makes 5-6 loaves. Your suppose to use a Bosch but you don't have to.

Pre-heat oven to 170

1. Place 9 cups of whole wheat flour, 3 tablespoons of yeast and 3/4 cup wheat gluten in the Bosch. Mix for 1 minute to combine.

2. Add 6 cups Hot water and mix for another minute. Cover and let dough sit for 10 minutes or until it rises to near the top.

3. Add: 1/2 cup Olive Oil, 1 cup Honey, 3 tablespoons dough Enhancer, 2 tablespoons salt.

4. Turn on mixer and add 3-6 more cups of flour until the dough pulls away from the sides and is not super sticky. I usually add only 3 more cups of flour. I've found that the bread turns out much better if the dough is a little more sticky.

5. Turn out onto oiled countertop. Yes, I said oiled. Much less mess. Knead a few times. I like to score my dough to make 6 loaves. Take each section and knead into a tight ball and add to a well greased loaf pan.

6. I place 3 loaf pans on a rack set on the lowest level in the oven, and then 3 more on a rack placed in the middle. Let the bread rise and cook in 170 oven for 25 minutes.

7. Without touching the pans increase temperature to 325. Cook for 15 minutes.

8. Switch loaves from bottom to top and vice-versa and cook for another 10 minutes.

9. And voila, you have 6 loaves of bread and it took you less then 2 hours.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Hope you enjoy it, my family loves it!! It makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mmm yummy! I also make honey whole wheat, but I cheat and do the dough part in the bread machine and then cook it in the oven. Making some right now to take to some women in the Ward, in fact.