Wednesday, February 3, 2010

White Bean Chicken Chili

The chicken and beans


The other ingredient.


The veggies diced up.


What it looks like half way through cooking.


The finished product!!

I pre-cooked my white beans and chicken together in the crock-pot the day before. I took 2 cups of white beans placed them in a medium saucepan, covered them with about 2 inches of water, brought them to a boil and let them cook for about 1 hour. That jump starts the beans if you forget to soak them overnight like I do all the time. After the pre-cook I placed the beans in the crock-pot and then my chicken breast on top. To that I added one onion quartered, salt and pepper. I cooked them for about 6 hours on high. After letting them cool a bit I placed the whole crock-pot in the the fridge.

My family gobbled this chili up. It was so good. Along with the chili I served grilled pieces of artisan bread, and an orange/pear salad.

White Bean Chicken Chili

1 Red Bell Pepper finally diced
1 onion finally diced
1 aneheim chili finally diced
1 jalapeno pepper finally diced
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups water
4 cups white beans
4 chicken breast

1. In a large dutch oven saute all the veggies until just tender.

2. Add the seasons and cook with veggies a few minutes to toast and enhance their flavor

3. Add the beans and chicken

4.Add the water. If you did cook your chicken and beans in the crockpot just use the juices from that.

5. Let simmer about 30 minutes to combine all flavors.

Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and some sour cream and enjoy!!! It's so GoOoOod!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

More awesomeness! I want that bread!