Monday, February 1, 2010

Lasgana Stuffed Bell Peppers

All the ingredients


Pre-mix


After being mixed


Cutting the tips of the bell pepper


Scooping out the seeds and veins

Stuffed and ready to bake


The end result.
I have to say the toasted cheese is my favorite part.

The last few weeks I've joined a food co-op. It's been GREAT!!! I get so many fresh fruits and veggies. Last week we received a boat load of small red bell peppers. I decided to stuff them with lasagna filling. In an effort to introduce more veggies into my children's diet I made them all eat these. For the most part they were received with good marks. Beckham ate ALL of his. I asked him if he liked it. His response," it was gross but I still ate it all." It couldn't have been that disgusting for him to eat it all.

Lasagna filling

2 cups cottage cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp granulated garlic(or garlic powder)

1.Mix all ingredients until well combined. You can you use this filling for lasagna or manicotti too.
2. Cut the very tips off of the red bell pepper. Scoop out the seeds and veins.
3. Fill each pepper to the top. Sprinkle with more mozzarella cheese
4. Bake in a 350 oven for 45 - 60 minutes.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Do you like the food co-op? I have heard about them, but I am not exactly sure how they work. You will have to fill me in on the details.

I am super excited about this cooking blog. I love getting your recipes.

Sal-my-gal said...

I too am curious about the co-op. Is it the same one Emily is doing?

Amberlyn said...

Sally, yes it's the same one that Emily is doing. So far I love it.

Jessica said...

I want those! Awesome idea! You could also throw more veggies into the mix.